THE NASHVILLE CRAYFISH
MAY 1, 1996
CUMBERLAND RIVER TRIBUTARIES
ISSUES, MEETINGS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
CUMBERLAND RIVER REGION GENEALOGY & HISTORY
- Charlie Allen- Floated a log raft down the Caney Fork River to Nashville In 1976. Started Dream House, project that builds wood playhouses for kids. Collects historic river artifacts.
- Leon Alligood - River guided a raft and a 30 ft. Chris Craft during Save The Cumberland Mile Marker Expedition in 1996. Wrote a whole series as a senior writer for the Nashville Banner called "To Swim A River".
- Daniel Boone- Past President of Tennessee Scenic Rivers. Canoeist, Environmentalist.
- John Cooper- Built an original flatboat and sailed it down the Cumberland, Ohio, Tennessee, and the Mississippi Rivers. He also built the log raft and floated it with Charlie Allen. John is currently building a dugout canoe.
- Tony Dunn- Lives on the Cumberland shadowed by Sunrise Bluff. Fisherman.
- Eddie Dunn- Master Riverman
- Rick Egedi- Owns Sheltowee Trace Outfitters a rafting company. Boat Captain. Pilots and owns" The Cumberland Star" a riverboat operating on Lake Cumberland
- Dania Egedi-
General Manager Sheltowee Trace Outfitters, River
Guide, Mother of 2 River Rats.
- Mike Fell- From south Alabama. That says it all!
- Guy and Leanne Ogburn-
Big time campers, rafters, fisherpeople. Chaplain R/V
- Randy Haislip- Kyaker, river consultant.
- John Hartford- Riverboat pilot, songwriter, musician. Wrote "Slumberlin on the Cumberland"
John Hartford - Welcome
Memories of John: The
Official Site of The John Hartford Stringband
- David Holden- Grew up on the Cumberland River in Hendersonville, Tn. Works at Gator Marine in Gainsville, Fla.
- Julee Jones- Grew up in Iowa. Vice-president STC. Lived on the Mississippi for 11 years. Co-owns the "Maiden Voyage a 30' 1965 Chris Craft.
Pilates Instructor/Owner of The Pilates Place
- Doug Markum- TWRA Officer, Photographer, Has radio show sat. mornings 99.7 WTN Nashville.
- Billy Martin- Sailor, Windsurfer. Co-owns Blue Moon Waterfront Cafe on the Cumberland River.
- Chris McGilton-
First river guide STC Mile marker Expedition, May 1, 1996.
- Steve Pearson- Boat captain, sailor, boat dock co-owner. Piloted the "Maiden Voyage" to Roaring River in 1996.
- Chad Pregracke-
Founded Living Lands & Waters
in 1998. Commercial Fisherman, Shell Diver, Barge Hand. His organization has
picked up over 6 million pounds of garbage from the Western Rivers.
- Mack Prichard- Tennessee State Naturalist, Photographer, canoeist, bird caller, expert slide show presenter. Swam 4 miles of the Cumberland in 1996. Lives at Hydes Ferry on the Cumberland.
- Elizabeth Queenner-
Recieved NODBS award 2004. Wild and domestic animal activist. Land trust organizer.
- Eddie Reasoner- Wrote, narrated, and produced the Cumberland River documentary "Once Upon A River". Fisherman, Corporate Pilot, Songwriter.
- Capt. Vic Scoggin-
Swam 696 miles to establish non profit organization
Save The Cumberland. Captain R/V Eastern Surveyor.
- Amanda Scoggin- Swam part of the Cumberland River in 1996. Dives in Crystal River with Manatees. Lives on the Cumberland at Lindsley Bend. Cheerleader.
- Stephen Scoggin- Lives on the Cumberland River close to the inundated Cooper Island, at Lindsley Bend. Fished with Bill Dance. Featured in Bass magazine with Bill Dance and ProCraft Boats. Archer, Wildlife and Hunting Guide.
- Doug Thelen-
River Guide, Outdoorsman, Father of 2 river rats and
husband of 1.
- Jim Tuck- Primary Residence on Hunting Camp Creek, also lives on Labador Bay in Nova Scotia. Sea Kyaker. River guided STC Expedition in 96. Master Carpenter.
- Sara Tuck- Sea Kyaker, Carpenter, Artist. Organizes land trusts. Guided STC Expedition along with her husband Jim in 96. Their 5 day leg of the journey consisted of rain and thunderstorms.
- Laura Turner- Saved a beaver population and wetland on the Cumberland River at Ashland City Tn. Lives near the Harpeth River. Involved extensively in animal activism.
- Barry Walker - Dives for sunken historic boats on the Cumberland River. Bought and restored the old Marathon Motor Works in Nashville.
Marathon Village Nashville Commercial
Spaces and Studios in Historic Marathon Motors Building
- Mike Walton- Started organization "Save the Harpeth". Boated the 120 mile Harpeth River in 1997. Sculpts endangered river animals cast in bronze. Jeweler, river camper, diver, caver. Rowed 50 miles of the Cumberland between Cloyds Landing and the Roaring River in 1996.
- Julie & Katie Walton- River campers. Pond dwellers. Horse riders.
- Gar & Brenda Whicker- Lives on the Cumberland River. Own
Traces on the Cumberland